I HELD ONTO MY CHASING SUMMER 2020 TICKET, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
If you held onto your Chasing Summer 2020 ticket and did not exchange it for Family Reunion Fest 2021, your ticket automatically rolled over and is valid for this year’s event. New e-tickets have been sent out via email.
WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT PRICES ON THE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS?
There are a limited numbers of tickets at each price level, so when one tier sells out, the price moves up to the next tier. The sooner you buy your tickets, the more you will save.
ARE THERE SINGLE DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE?
Single day tickets are now available here. As VIP Weekend passes are moving quickly, we will not be offering VIP single day tickets.
ARE THERE VIP AREAS SUCH AS BOTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE DURING THE FESTIVAL?
There will be a VIP area on site, with different levels of amenities available. If you are interested in booking a Cabana, please visit our ticketing page here.
I GOT MY TICKET FROM A “FRIEND” / KIJIJI / MARKETPLACE / SOMEONE I MET. HOW DO I KNOW IF THEY ARE VALID?
There is no way to guarantee third party tickets are legit. The only tickets we guarantee are the tickets purchased from ChasingSummerFestival.com via Front Gate Tickets.
I’VE LOST MY TICKET, WHAT CAN I DO?
Please contact Front Gate Support at https://support.frontgatetickets.com.
WHEN PURCHASING TICKETS FROM FRONT GATE, I ENTERED THE WRONG EMAIL. WHAT CAN I DO?
Please contact Front Gate Support at https://support.frontgatetickets.com
IS THERE SEATING AT THE FESTIVAL?
This is a general admission event with no fixed seating but the surrounding grass areas on the site makes for a great way to relax and take a break, especially down the hill by the C Stage.
A designated Accessible Seating Area will be available on site for any patrons requiring wheelchair or special seating considerations. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com ahead of the event so we can help make your weekend as enjoyable as possible.
CAN I BRING MY OWN SNACKS AND WATER?
No outside food or beverages will be allowed inside the festival grounds. However, personal amounts of factory sealed (unopened) snacks such as granola bars, protein bars, chips, etc. will be allowed. We allow one less than 1L & empty personal reusable bottle (NO glass) per person and there will be free water stations on site for guests to fill their bottles.
WILL THERE BE FOOD AND DRINK AT THE FESTIVAL?
Yes. We will have an assortment of food vendors that cater to a variety of tastes and dietary needs. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available, as well as free water stations to help keep you hydrated.
CAN I BRING A WATER BOTTLE INSIDE?
Each person is permitted to bring in one personal empty reusable bottle. NO glass allowed. Hydration packs are allowed if empty. Bags will be subject to search at the gate prior to entrance.
ARE THERE BATHROOMS INSIDE THE FESTIVAL?
CAN I BRING SUNSCREEN INSIDE?
Yes, sunscreen is allowed. NOTE: Aerosols (spray on) sunscreens are permitted but please be mindful and spray it away from other people.
CAN I CHARGE MY CELLPHONE SOMEWHERE?
Sorry, no on-site charging will be available other than in the VIP cabanas. Consider bringing a portable battery pack or rent a locker here. Each locker is equipped with a universal phone charger.
CAN I SMOKE AT THE FESTIVAL?
There are designated smoking areas for both cigarettes and cannabis inside the festival. Please ensure your cigarette packs are sealed upon entry. For cannabis, only personal use amounts will be permitted. Please refer to the CANNABIS ENTRY AND USAGE POLICY section below for more details.
CAN E-CIGARETTES AND VAPES BE USED INSIDE THE FESTIVAL?
Yes. They must only be used in the designated smoking areas.
ARE SERVICE ANIMALS ALLOWED?
Yes – they must have service dog ID
Chase Superstar Pack
As a reward for holding onto your 2020 tickets, you are eligible to receive a Chaser Superstar Pack.
The pack includes:
- A $25 pre-loaded gift card for 2022 Chasing Summer merchandise
- Chaser Superstar Fast Pass festival entrance
Chaser Superstar Packs will be available for pick up by the Merchandise tent by the main festival entrance and the locker tent. You will need to show ID that matches your Front Gate account.
HOW DOES THE CHASER SUPERSTAR FAST PASS ENTRY WORK?
Pass holders will have a dedicated Fast Pass Lane entry at the Main Festival Entrance.
Getting to the Festival
WHERE IS MAX BELL CENTRE FESTIVAL GROUNDS?
It is located in the community of Raddison Heights, adjacent to Barlow Trail SE and 17th Ave SE. The Barlow/Max Bell C-Train stop is nearby.
CAN I PARK AT THE FESTIVAL?
There is no parking at the event site. We recommend parking at either Zoo or Franklin C-Train stations and taking the train to the event. Parking in the surrounding residential area is strongly discouraged. Take care if parking on private property – they can ticket or tow you at their discretion.
HOW CAN I GET THERE BY PUBLIC TRANSIT?
Taking the C-Train is the easiest way to get to the festival site. Hop on a Blue Line Train to Barlow-Max Bell Station.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS ON SITE?
The Chasing Summer site will be 100% cashless in 2022. Only credit cards and debit cards are accepted on site.
CAN I START A TAB AT THE BAR?
No, all payments must be made at time of purchase other than in the VIP cabana area.
Entry & Admission
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY / ADMISSION RULES FOR THE FESTIVAL?
You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid government ID (see below).
WHAT KIND OF ID DO I NEED TO GET INTO THE FESTIVAL?
We abide strictly by AGLC (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission) regulations and cannot make any exceptions. You’ll need a primary piece of government issued ID and with an approved secondary identification. Interim (paper) driver’s licence will NOT be accepted as ID.
Acceptable forms of primary ID:
Valid driver’s license / Alberta operator’s license / armed forces identification card / out-of-province photo driver’s license / certificate of Indian Status / Canadian citizenship or permanent residency card
Valid primary identification must:
Have a photo/ have a name / have a signature/ be government issued / include date of birth / not be expired / have a unique identifier number / be an original (not a copy).
Acceptable forms of secondary ID:
Birth certificate / Nexus card / baptismal certificate / foreign government visa / firearms license
For any additional questions regarding ID requirements, please visit the AGLC website.
WILL I GET A WRISTBAND/LAMINATE FOR THE FESTIVAL?
GA ticketholders will be admitted by presenting their mobile tickets at the Main Entrance Gate. VIP/GA+ ticketholders will redeem tickets for wristbands/laminate at Main Box Office – at Top of Hill.
CAN I LEAVE THE FESTIVAL AND COME BACK LATER?
Sorry, there will be no re-entry to the festival on the same day.
IS THERE A COAT OR BAG CHECK?
Sorry, there is not. Please prepare for a day outdoors accordingly or rent a locker here.
Health & Safety
IS THERE MEDICAL/FIRST AID AVAILABLE?
Sure is! Health and safety at our event is our number 1 priority. Medical tents and roaming teams are in place, be sure to note these locations upon entry to the event or ask event staff for help, if needed.
IS THERE FESTIVAL HEALTH AT THE EVENT?
Festival health is an overarching term that provides education and resources on attending festivals and concerts safely from sunscreen and water, to safe substance use and alcohol consumption. We have all had a break from large events during the last couple years so if you are feeling uneasy or have any questions about steps you can take for your health and safety at events – check out their tent for more information. They are the ones in the cool purple shirts!
WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MY HEALTH AND SAFETY AT THE EVENT?
If you are reading this FAQ, you’re off to a great start! Be sure to:
- Stay hydrated and drink lots of water
- Wear sunscreen and dress for the weather
- Check your local Public Health website for the latest information about COVID-19
- Check your local Public Health website on safe substance use and alcohol consumption
- Do not bring prohibited items into the event
- Follow our Fan Code Of Conduct for your and everyone’s safety
- Keep an eye out for your friends
- Follow instruction from event staff – they are here to help
- If you see something, say something – report safety and security concerns immediately to event security and staff
For everyone’s safety, security and enjoyment, we ask you to only bring small clutches, belt bags, fanny-packs or bags that are clear (i.e. see-through) to allow us to safely and efficiently properly screen and welcome fans into the event. All bags and hand-carried items will be subject to search and screened for prohibited items prior to allowing entry to the venue.
- Bags smaller than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Clear bag smaller than 12” x 6” x 12”
- 1-Gallon plastic freezer bag
- Medically necessary and diaper bags
- Camel Bak style backpacks will be allowed provided that the water pouch is empty and removable.
What can I bring and not bring to the festival?
All event attendees and items will be subject to search when entering the event grounds. Any and all confiscated items or any items voluntarily surrendered, will not be held, checked or returned.
THESE ARE A NO!
- Outside liquor
- Illicit drugs and/or illicit drug paraphernalia of any kind
- Edibles containing THC or derivatives unless in factory sealed packaging from licensed supplier
- Portable or lawn chairs of any kind
- Pocket knives of any kind
- Weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including but not limited to large spikes, heavy wallet chains, bats/clubs, etc.
- Glass of any kind
- Hard shell coolers
- Artificial noise makers, including megaphones and air horns
- Musical Instruments and Bluetooth speakers
- Laser pointers of any kind
- Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- Sports equipment
- Skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates, scooters, wheeled or motorized items intended to be ridden
- Pyrotechnics of any kind, including fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers
- Animals (service animals allowed)
- Flag poles or poles/long sticks of any kind
- Walking sticks or canes of any kind unless it is a medically required mobility device
- Motorcycle or bike helmets
- Water guns
- Gas masks
- Large signage that would obstruct the view of others around them and/or interfere with others’ enjoyment of the show
- Gang or club clothing and/or gang or club support gear, including but not limited to banners, signages and flags
- Tactical clothing or equipment
- Aerosol cans of any kind
- Professional audio, video or photography equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Selfie Sticks or GoPro apparatus
- Any projectile and/or item that can be used as a projectile
- Any bag larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, with the exception of clear bags up to 12” x 6” x 12”, 1 gallon plastic freezer bags or medically necessary or diaper bags.
- Any other items deemed to be unsafe by venue management
THESE ARE A GO!
- Beach balls and other reasonably sized inflatables (1 per person)
- Personal amounts of factory sealed (unopened) food (granola bars, protein bars, chips, etc.) and edibles containing THC and derivatives. NO glass containers.
- Vape juice or E-Liquid bought into the festival must be factory sealed *Personal amount only
- Reasonable amounts of sunscreen
- Empty refillable drink containers (NO glass) *Must be less than one (1) litre
- Camel Bak style backpacks will be allowed provided that the water pouch is empty and removable – water pouches that are not removable for inspection will be denied entry. Backpack cannot be framed or exceed size restrictions.
- Any bag 4.5” x 6.5” or smaller
- Any clear bag 12” x 6” x 12” or smaller
- 1 gallon plastic freezer bag
- Medically necessary bags or diaper bags for infant or young children
Cannabis Entry & Usage Policy
Please read all the information about cannabis and cannabis accessories, and the use therein at the festival.
ENTRY WITH CANNABIS AND/OR CANNABIS ACCESSORIES
- Only personal amount permitted. Quantity shall be no more than can reasonably consumed by one average person during the remaining operating hours of the event that day, subject to any documented medical allowances.
- Cannabis infused foods, oils or candies commonly referred to as “edibles” are permitted as long as they are in factory sealed packaging from licensed supplier. Personal amount only.
- No glass container or glass cannabis accessory will be permitted at any time.
- Prior to the search process commencing, attendees must make the festival security aware that they are bringing cannabis or cannabis accessories into the festival. Attendees are required to present all cannabis and/or cannabis accessories for inspection.
- Any cannabis or cannabis accessories not presented prior to a search commencing may be denied entry into the festival or the person may be denied carriage of the cannabis and/or cannabis accessories into the festival.
- Cannabis that is in a factory sealed tamper proof package from a Provincially Approved and Regulated Supplier will be permitted into the festival. All other cannabis and cannabis accessories are to be stored in a sealed plastic see-through container (e.g. Tupperware or Ziploc bag) which allows festival security to directly inspect the cannabis and cannabis accessories without the need to open the container or handle the product. Cannabis and cannabis accessories that are not stored in the aforementioned will not be permitted into the festival grounds.
- Cannabis that is suspected to have been mixed or adulterated in any way may be denied carriage into the festival.
- Any amount which festival security deems unreasonable for personal use, subject to any documented medical allowances, will not be permitted into the festival.
- Cannabis is for personal use only and the unregulated sale of cannabis is strictly prohibited.
USE AND CONSUMPTION OF CANNABIS AND CANNABIS ACCESSORIES
Attendees shall be allowed to use and/or consume cannabis and cannabis accessories at the festival, subject to the following conditions:
- Festival staff are mandated by law to monitor use and consumption of intoxicants, including cannabis, at the festival. Festival staff will remove attendees from the Festival who overuse or over-consume any intoxicant.
- The smoking of any cannabis products (including vaping) is permitted within the festival’s designated smoking areas ONLY. These areas will be clearly marked. Festival staff will provide attendees direction on where the designated smoking area is at the festival. The smoking and vaping of cannabis is strictly prohibited outside of the designated smoking areas.
- No attendee is permitted to supply another person with cannabis, or they risk being removed from the festival.
- Festival staff will remove anyone who sells or purchases cannabis at the festival and will report such activity to the police.
Fan Code of Conduct
At Chasing Summer Music Festival, great events are the heart of what we do. An important part of any great event is ensuring a safe, respectful and inclusive environment for our guests, artists and staff to experience.
We are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for everyone. We ask that your conduct contribute to everyone’s enjoyment of the event, be legally appropriate, and not be offensive or abusive to others. For your safety and comfort, unacceptable conduct is subject to ejection and includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Use of foul, threatening, offensive or abusive language or gestures.
- Discrimination, bullying or hate that harasses, victimizes, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, race, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age, ability, physical appearance or other.
- Harassment, including unwelcome or hostile behavior, physical contact or sexual attention.
- Fighting or any other type of violence.
- Wearing or using clothing, signs, and banners which are offensive in nature.
- Intoxication or impairment due to alcohol/cannabis or consumption of illegal substances.
- Throwing objects or interfering with the progress of the event.
- Being in possession of alcohol not purchased inside the venue.
- Being a minor in possession of alcohol or providing a minor with alcohol.
- Being in possession of weapons, illegal substances or any other prohibited items.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes, personal vapourizers, and cannabis) in non-designated areas.
- Unpermitted access and breaching perimeters to the venue/festival, VIP areas or other restricted areas.
- Any other conduct that may be deemed by Chasing Summer Music Festival to be inappropriate or which may adversely affect the safety of persons or property, or disruption of the event.
Chasing Summer Music Festival will not tolerate any unsafe, offensive behaviour that violates of Fan Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by this Code may result in ejection, suspension from entering any or all of our venues.
Each of us has a responsibility to report any act that goes against the values that we stand for. So, if you see something, say something. Report any safety concerns to our management team right away.
Chasing Summer will continue to work with public health authorities to ensure our policies are in accordance with the latest public health guidance in Alberta. Currently, proof of vaccination and masks are not required for outdoor events. Please note that requirements and protocols, such as vaccination, are subject to change, so be sure to check back closer to the event for the latest information.