Chasing Summer takes the health and safety of all of our patrons seriously. In order to provide an entertaining environment that is truly safe, we work together with the rules and regulations of the City and its health and safety authorities to ensure the event adheres to all applicable laws.
Security measures are put in place that every attendee must go through to enter the festival. While we always work to get you into the festival as quickly as possible, security measures will cause lines and you should expect a wait. If you want to see a particular artist, ensure to give yourself plenty of extra time to be processed.
PLEASE BE AWARE…
We do not permit fans to carry private naloxone kits within festival grounds. If you bring a kit with you, you will be able to hand it over to medical personnel and they will store it for you until you leave. We are committed to the health and safety of our fans and have extensive medical resources onsite, we want to ensure that only trained medical professionals administer medications to third parties. If you see someone in distress onsite, contact a member of the medical or security team right away.
EVERYONE WILL BE SEARCHED UPON ENTRY
You will need to empty your pockets and have all items examined. Security officers will be working inside and outside of the event. All laws will be strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
PLEASE BE PREPARED THERE WILL BE A WAIT TIME TO ENTER THE VENUE
In order to expedite this process we have a few tips that will help with the wait-times.
- Arrive Early – why not enjoy the entire festival, you never know what people you will meet, and what artists you may discover.
- Plan Correctly for the Weather – pack a poncho or hooded raincoat
- Be Aware of the Rules – we have a list of Rules and Guidelines located here
- Be Prepared to Have Fun
Our volunteers will be on site to answer any questions or concerns you may have!
SAFETY IS OUR TOP CONCERN
Our festival staff will be patrolling the venue and entrance areas to ensure a safe and secure festival experience for all.
With the assistance of local authorities, our health & safety team have developed a comprehensive plan for as many contingencies as possible, such as sudden changes in weather.
It is important that all attendees come prepared for a weekend outdoors, and in the case of an emergency, follow any instructions given from the stage, over social media, and notifications through the mobile app.
For your comfort, be sure to include these essential items in your knapsack:
- a poncho or hooded raincoat
- a sweater, sweatshirt or hoodie
- socks and comfortable shoes
- a fully charged battery and cable for your smartphone
- an empty, clear, plastic water bottle (up to 2L)
- a reasonable amount of sunscreen lotion (no aerosol allowed)
If you are in any discomfort or distress, or notice anything that you feel will cause a problem, do not hesitate to approach festival staff such as a volunteer or security for assistance!
- Water equals life. We have free water readily available throughout the grounds to replenish your body and keep you hydrated all day long.
- On the dance floor, we’re all best friends. Keep an eye out for our volunteer rovers, medics, security staff, and Calgary Police, who’ll lend a hand if needed.
- Our staff, security and medics never judge, so talk to them if you need help or see someone who does.
- Those that get into drug or alcohol trouble at events are often with friends who don’t know what to do. The law protects you, so get help at the first sign of trouble.
- Take care of each other. If you see someone who could use help, don’t just walk by. Stop and talk.
- Let’s act responsibly. We are a community and we need to set our own boundaries.
- Burning calories requires energy. Make sure you take time to rest and eat!
- Vendors will be available if you get hungry throughout the day.
- It’s best to plan ahead so you have a safe and easy ride ready at the end of the night. Public transit via the nearby C-Train is available, and taxis / rideshare will be available along Barlow Trail SW.
- We care about you when you’re gone. Our culture is all about celebrating life. Keep the vibes positive and we’ll see you next time!
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
- Chasing Summer has a strict zero tolerance policy when it comes to illegal substances. There will be extra security at the door and security staff inside the site to ensure that Chasing Summer remains a safe and healthy environment
- Good harm reduction means we offer everyone help who needs it.
- Simply put, there is no safe drug, and no safe dosage. There are so many variables – the drug content, your body chemistry, how much water you drink, how long you dance without a break – that the best way we ensure everyone goes home safe is to say: no drugs allowed.
- We have trained medical professionals on site to handle emergencies – if you, someone in your group, or anyone else might be in distress, seek help from medical or security staff immediately!
- For our music and community to grow and continue, we need people to take care of each other. We want to create memories to last your entire life. Our most important goal is keeping our community positive for everyone.