JULY 30 & 31, 2016
Max Bell Centre Festival Grounds, Calgary, Alberta
Why? Because it’s summer, and we should all come together to celebrate amazing music with the company of friends old and new…
Two days of music and community, taking place outdoors on the grounds around the Max Bell Centre, overlooking the skyline of downtown Calgary and the Rocky Mountains beyond.. A lineup of some the world’s best and biggest talents in electronic dance music, with thousands of fans ready to celebrate the all-too-brief wonders of the Canadian Prairie summertime…
Chasing Summer Music Festival is pleased to once again offer a site-wide liquor license, which means you can enjoy your favourite beverage anywhere within the festival grounds. Please be responsible!
Please note that attendees of Chasing Summer Music Festival must be 18 years of age or older.
Gates open at 1 PM, and event runs from 1 PM until 11 PM each day.
Part of having an incredible weekend, full of dancing into a world of freedom and chasing after summer’s glow, includes a need for responsible actions from YOU! We want everyone to be able to enjoy Western Canada’s Largest Outdoor Electronic Music Festival for years to come. We are an amazing community that has proven time and time again that when we all come together, beautiful things happen. That’s why we ask every Chasing Summer attendee to act responsibly by looking after themselves and our collective community. Together, we can continue The Chase!
Our community keeps us going through the long days and nights. Together, we will ensure that our music, art, and culture stay positive.
That is Why We Are Chasing Summer…together!
GETTING TO THE MAX BELL CENTRE FESTIVAL GROUNDS
There is no parking at Max Bell Centre, so we recommend public transit – the C-Train stops just north of the site at the Barlow/Max Bell station along Memorial Drive E. Many C-Train stations offer park & ride. For further transit info, please visit the Calgary Transit website here.
REMEMBER THESE IMPORTANT TIPS
- Water equals life. We have free water readily available throughout the grounds to replenish your body and keep you hydrated all day long.
- On the dance floor, we’re all best friends. Keep an eye out for our volunteer rovers, medics, security staff, and Calgary Police, who’ll lend a hand if needed.
- Our staff, security and medics never judge, so talk to them if you need help or see someone who does.
- Those that get into drug or alcohol trouble at events are often with friends who don’t know what to do. The law protects you, so get help at the first sign of trouble.
- Take care of each other. If you see someone who could use help, don’t just walk by. Stop and talk.
- Let’s act responsibly. We are a community and we need to set our own boundaries.
- Burning calories requires energy. Your body needs sustenance before the fun begins, so eat a hearty meal!
- Vendors will be available if you get hungry throughout the day.
- It’s best to plan ahead so you have a safe and easy ride ready at the end of the night. If your plan falls through, our staff can help you make arrangements to get home safely, just ask!
- We care about you when you’re gone. Our culture is all about celebrating life. Keep the vibes positive and we’ll see you next time!
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
- Chasing Summer has a strict zero tolerance policy when it comes to illegal substances. There’ll be extra security at the door and security staff inside the site.
- Good harm reduction means we offer everyone help who needs it.
- Simply put, there is no safe drug, and no safe dosage. There’re so many variables – the drug content, your body chemistry, how much water you drink, how long you dance without a break – that the best way we ensure everyone goes home safe is to say: no drugs allowed.
- For our music and community to grow and continue, we need people to take care of each other. We want to create memories to last your entire life. Our most important goal is keeping our community positive for everyone.