GATES OPEN AT 1 PM EACH DAY – EVENT RUNS UNTIL 11 PM EACH NIGHT
EARLY ARRIVAL IS RECOMMENDED – REMEMBER TO STAY HYDRATED
THERE IS NO RE-ENTRY ALL DAY – ONCE YOU LEAVE, YOU CANNOT RETURN UNTIL THE NEXT EVENT DAY
THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT – PLEASE BE PREPARED – WE CAN’T CONTROL THE WEATHER!
RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL RULES SUBJECT TO SECURITY DISCRETION. ALL PATRONS WILL BE SUBJECT TO SEARCH BY TRAINED SECURITY PRIOR TO ENTRY.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the site. Entry to Chasing Summer is restricted to those 18 years of age or older.
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs on each day of the festival. There is no camping or RV parking available on-site and patrons must vacate the festival site at the conclusion of each day of the festival.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing or Stage Diving
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Away, etc.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas
- Re-selling of tickets by private parties is prohibited on the event property
There is no parking at the Max Bell Centre Festival Grounds, and parking in the surrounding residential area is strongly discouraged and at your own risk. We instead encourage you to take the C-train (get off at Barlow/Max Bell station), taxi cab or one of our shuttles (drop off + pick up along the designated zone on the southbound lane of Barlow Trail SE). You can prebook your shuttle HERE for a fee.
ENTRY & SECURITY
Everyone will be searched upon entry. You will need to empty your pockets and have all items examined.
Security officers will be working inside and outside of the event. All narcotic laws will be strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
Enhanced security efforts will be in place throughout the entire weekend. A team of safety officers will be patrolling the site and entrance areas to ensure a safe and secure festival experience for all.
FREE WATER STATIONS
Keeping hydrated is a major part of attending any festival! Chasing Summer has made the commitment to provide free water stations all weekend long.
Staying hydrated is key to busting a move all day long! You will be able to bring an empty reusable, clear plastic water bottle up to 2L or an empty CamelBak into the site, and they may be refilled for free at the water stations. Glass and metal containers will not be permitted onto the site.
Remember, the reusable bottles not only save your body, but save our environment by reducing the number of plastic bottles used at any given festival!
All water stations will be easily identifiable on festival maps, with smiling volunteers standing by to help keep you hydrated! Keep the chase going!
However, water guns, spray bottles and misting fans will not be allowed into the festival!
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Food and beverage vendors will be located throughout the site with many different options to choose from. If you wish to bring your own food, it must be prepackaged. Food packed in plastic, glass containers, or Ziploc bags will be confiscated. 1 factory sealed plastic water bottle up to 2 litres will be allowed.
SAFETY & MEDICAL
We make every effort to create a safe environment. Public and private security, as well as medical staff, will be present throughout the entire weekend. If you need any assistance please look for medical signs, seek out someone from the event staff team, event security or medical team. First Aid tents are available and staffed with trained professionals.
PLEASE BE AWARE…
We do not permit fans to carry private naloxone kits within festival grounds. If you bring a kit with you, you will be able to hand it over to medical personnel and they will store it for you until you leave. We are committed to the health and safety of our fans and have extensive medical resources onsite, we want to ensure that only trained medical professionals administer medications to third parties. If you see someone in distress onsite, contact a member of the medical or security team right away.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRUG USE OR POSSESSION
The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. Security officers will be working both areas and enforcing all drug related laws. Do not bring any illegal substances to the event as violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are showing signs of intoxication before entering the venue, you will be refused entry. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Please come with a smile and be prepared to enjoy a weekend of music, dancing, and the Chase!
There will be ATM(s) located around the venue. ATM locations will be marked on the event map HERE
LOST & FOUND
If you find something at Chasing Summer, please take it over to the Security office (located on the west side of the Max Bell Centre, by the outdoor portapotties). If you have lost something at Chasing Summer, check with the lost & found coordinator at the site box office the next day; otherwise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and if your item was recovered, we will do our best to get it back to you. Remember, we cannot take responsibility for any items lost at the event.
THIS EVENT IS 18+. THOSE WITHOUT AN ACCEPTABLE FORM OF ID AS PROOF OF AGE WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION FOR ENTRY TO CHASING SUMMER 2017
Due to AGLC regulations, all Chasing Summer attendees must show one of the following:
- Alberta Operator’s Licence (Drivers License)
- Alberta Identification Card
- Armed Forces Identification Card
- Out-of-Province Photo Driver’s Licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION FOR ENTRY
- School identification
- Consular identification
- Licenses issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada
- Expired identification of any kind
- Birth certificates
- Xerox copies of any identification.
- Fishing licenses
- Health Cards
- Temporary Paper State/Province ID
Q: CAN I ATTEND THE EVENT IF I AM UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND I COME WITH A LEGAL GUARDIAN?
A: This event is strictly 18 and older. Security will not allow anyone under the age of 18 into the site.
Q: MY ID WAS LOST/STOLEN. WHAT CAN I USE TO PROVE THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD?
A: If you have a passport, security will accept all government issued passports. Expired documentation will not be acceptable.
Q: WHAT DO I DO IF MY ID EXPIRED AND I DO NOT THINK I WILL RECEIVE A NEW ONE IN TIME?
A: Please find alternative photo identification as listed above.
Q: CAN I USE A CONSULAR ID OR FOREIGN GOVERNMENT ISSUED DRIVER’S LICENSE?
A: Security will not accept consular identification or a foreign government issued drivers license (except for Canadian drivers licenses or identification cards that are not expired, which may be used to grant entry into the festival). They will accept any foreign government issued passport provided it has a photo, name and date of birth on it. A passport can be acquired by scheduling an appointment with your local consulate office.
YOU MUST HAVE VALID IDENTIFICATION PROVING YOU ARE 18+ TO GAIN ACCESS TO CHASING SUMMER
- POINT AND SHOOT, NONPROFESSIONAL CAMERAS
- EMPTY PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES, REFILLABLE BOTTLES AND CAMELBACS (up to 2L)
- SEALED PLASTIC WATER BOTTLE (up to 2L)
- RAINCOATS OR PONCHOS (NO UMBRELLAS)
- EMPTY OR SINGLE USE E-CIGARETTES/VAPORIZERS, ALL REFILLS SEALED
- CIGARETTE PACKAGES
- SMALL BAGS OR BACKPACKS
- ILLUMINATED OR GLOWING JEWELRY
- KANDI & KANDI MASKS
- INFLATABLES (DEFLATED UPON ENTRY, 1 PER PERSON) INCLUDING AIR COUCHES (ie HUBBA BAG, LAY BAG, LAMZAC)
- HULA HOOPS
- FLAGS AND BANNERS (NO POLES)
- PERSONAL AMOUNT OF FOOD IN A FACTORY SEALED PACKAGE
- SMALL TOWELS
- GOPROS/ACTION CAMERAS (HAND GRIPS, HEAD & CHEST MOUNTS ARE PERMITTED)
- REASONABLE AMOUNTS OF SUNSCREEN (NO AEROSOL BOTTLES ALLOWED)
- NOTE: ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS MUST BE IN CLEARLY AND CORRECTLY LABELED BOTTLES. THE QUANTITY OF MEDICATION MUST NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT REQUIRED FOR YOUR TIME ON SITE THAT DAY.
- NO ILLEGAL OR ILLICIT SUBSTANCES, DRUGS, OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- NO PERSONAL NALOXONE KITS (SEE BELOW) *
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- NO OBJECT THAT CAN BE USED AS A PROJECTILE
- NO FLAMMABLE ITEMS OR LIQUIDS INCLUDING AEROSOLS AND FIREWORKS
- NO OPENED OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION OR EYE DROPS
- NO GLOW STICKS (BRACELETS PERMITTED)
- NO WATER GUNS, SPRAY BOTTLES OR MISTING FANS
- NO BALLOONS
- NO LARGE BACKPACKS OR DUFFLE BAGS
- NO UMBRELLAS, CHAIRS, BLANKETS, SLEEPING BAGS OR TENTS
- NO GLASS OR METAL CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLES)
- NO BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, SCOOTERS OR HOVERBOARDS
- NO ANIMALS EXCEPT FOR SERVICE ANIMALS
- NO LARGE CHAINS, CHAINED WALLETS OR SPIKED JEWELRY
- NO LASER PENS OR POINTERS
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, NOISEMAKERS, MEGAPHONES OR AIR HORNS
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS OR AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDING EQUIPMENT
- NO SELFIE STICKS, CAMERA OR ACTION CAMERA POLES
- NO FLAG POLES, STICKS, OR TOTEMS
- NO DRONES OR OTHER FLYING VEHICLES
- NO SPRAY PAINT OR PERMANENT MARKERS
- NO FOOTBALLS, SOCCER BALLS OR OTHER SPORTS EQUIPMENT
- POI OR FIRE DANCING EQUIPMENT
PLEASE NOTE – WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITEMS LEFT AT THE FRONT GATE
*PLEASE BE AWARE: We do not permit fans to carry private naloxone kits within festival grounds. If you bring a kit with you, you will be able to hand it over to medical personnel and they will store it for you until you leave. We are committed to the health and safety of our fans and have extensive medical resources onsite, we want to ensure that only trained medical professionals administer medications to third parties. If you see someone in distress onsite, contact a member of the medical or security team right away.
As the Max Bell Centre Festival Grounds is an outdoor venue, please be prepared for all weather conditions. The show will happen – rain or shine!
Please follow Chasing Summer on social media during the festival for regular weather updates throughout the weekend.
Updates will also be sent out through our official Chasing app on your mobile device.
For your safety, under all circumstance, please pay attention to any alerts issued, and follow instructions when given.