Lost & Found
Lose something at Chasing Summer? Email email@example.com before Wednesday August 3 to see if it’s been found!
GATES OPEN AT 1 PM EACH DAY – EVENT RUNS UNTIL 11 PM EACH NIGHT
EARLY ARRIVAL IS RECOMMENDED – REMEMBER TO STAY HYDRATED
THERE IS NO RE-ENTRY ALL DAY – ONCE YOU LEAVE, YOU CANNOT RETURN UNTIL THE NEXT EVENT DAY
THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT – PLEASE BE PREPARED
There is no parking available at the festival. We recommend C-Train or Calgary Transit bus transportation for quick and easy travel to the site – the Barlow/Max Bell train station is located along Memorial Drive E, just north of the festival site. Calgary Transit also has park & ride locations at many of their C-Train stations as well.
Park and Ride – https://www.calgarytransit.com/park-ride-locations
Trip Planner – http://www.calgarytransit.com/plan-a-trip
If you wish to park and ride, we recommend using the Calgary Zoo station, which is one stop away from Barlow/Max Bell station. Parking rates will apply.
Taxi pickup and drop off will be along Barlow Trail SE.
FREE WATER STATIONS
Keeping hydrated is a major part of attending any festival! Chasing Summer has made the commitment to provide free water stations all weekend long.
Staying hydrated is key to busting a move all day long! You will be able to bring an empty reusable, clear plastic water bottle up to 1 L or an empty CamelBak into the site, and they may be refilled for free at the water stations.
Remember, the reusable bottles not only save your body, but save our environment by reducing the number of plastic bottles used at any given festival!
All water stations will be easily identifiable on festival maps, with smiling volunteers standing by to help keep you hydrated! Keep the chase going!
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Food and beverage vendors will be located throughout the site with many different options to choose from. Also remember to take advantage of the free water stations!
There will be ATM(s) located around the venue. ATM locations will be marked on the event map.
LOST & FOUND
During the event, Lost and Found will be located at the security tent inside the site. Once Chasing Summer has ended, any Lost & Found inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFETY & MEDICAL
We make every effort to create a safe environment. Public and private security, as well as medical staff, will be present throughout the entire weekend. If you need any assistance please look for medical signs, seek out someone from the event staff team, event security or medical team. First Aid tents are available and staffed with trained professionals.
ENTRY & SECURITY
Everyone will be searched upon entry. You will need to empty your pockets and have all items examined.
Security officers will be working inside and outside of the event. All narcotic laws will be strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
Enhanced security efforts will be in place throughout the entire weekend. A team of safety officers will be patrolling the site and entrance areas to ensure a safe and secure festival experience for all.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRUG USE OR POSSESSION
The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. Security officers will be working both areas and enforcing all drug related laws. Do not bring any illegal substances to the event as violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are showing signs of intoxication before entering the venue, you will be refused entry. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Please come with a smile and be prepared to enjoy a weekend of music, dancing, and the Chase!
RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL RULES SUBJECT TO SECURITY DISCRETION
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the site. Entry to Chasing Summer is restricted to those 18 years of age or older. Beer, wine and spirits will be served only in the designated bar areas located throughout the event.
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs
- NO Refunds or Exchanges
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing or Stage Diving
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Away, etc.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas
- Re-selling of tickets by private parties is prohibited on the event property
- POINT AND SHOOT, NONPROFESSIONAL CAMERAS
- EMPTY PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES, REFILLABLE BOTTLES AND CAMELBACS
- SMALL COLLAPSIBLE UMBRELLAS
- EMPTY OR SINGLE USE E-CIGARETTES/VAPORIZERS, ALL REFILLS SEALED
- CIGARETTE PACKAGES
- SMALL BAGS OR BACKPACKS
- ILLUMINATED OR GLOWING JEWELRY
- KANDI, KANDI MASKS
- INFLATABLES (DEFLATED UPON ENTRY, 1 PER PERSON) INCLUDING AIR COUCHES (ie HUBBA BAG, LAY BAG, LAMZAC)
- HULA HOOPS
- FLAGS AND BANNERS (NO POLES)
- PERSONAL AMOUNT OF FOOD IN A FACTORY SEALED PACKAGE OR PLASTIC CONTAINER
- SMALL TOWELS
- GOPROS/ACTION CAMERAS (HAND GRIPS, HEAD & CHEST MOUNTS ARE PERMITTED)
- REASONABLE AMOUNTS OF SUNSCREEN (NO AEROSOL BOTTLES ALLOWED)
- NOTE: ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS MUST BE IN CLEARLY AND CORRECTLY LABELED BOTTLES. THE QUANTITY OF MEDICATION MUST NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT REQUIRED FOR YOUR TIME ON SITE THAT DAY.
- NO ILLEGAL OR ILLICIT SUBSTANCES, DRUGS, OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- NO OBJECT THAT CAN BE USED AS A PROJECTILE
- NO FLAMMABLE ITEMS OR LIQUIDS INCLUDING AEROSOLS AND FIREWORKS
- NO OPENED OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION OR EYE DROPS
- NO GLOW STICKS (BRACELETS PERMITTED)
- NO BALLOONS
- NO LARGE BACKPACKS OR DUFFLE BAGS
- NO UMBRELLAS, CHAIRS, BLANKETS, SLEEPING BAGS OR TENTS
- NO METAL CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING METAL REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLES)
- NO BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, SCOOTERS OR HOVERBOARDS
- NO ANIMALS EXCEPT FOR SERVICE ANIMALS
- NO LARGE CHAINS, CHAINED WALLETS OR SPIKED JEWELRY
- NO LASER PENS OR POINTERS
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, NOISEMAKERS, MEGAPHONES OR AIR HORNS
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS OR AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDING EQUIPMENT
- NO SELFIE STICKS, CAMERA OR ACTION CAMERA POLES
- NO FLAG POLES, STICKS, OR TOTEMS
- NO DRONES OR OTHER FLYING VEHICLES
- NO SPRAY PAINT, MARKERS OR PENS
- NO FOOTBALLS, SOCCER BALLS OR OTHER SPORTS EQUIPMENT
- POI OR FIRE DANCING EQUIPMENT
THIS EVENT IS 18+. THOSE WITHOUT AN ACCEPTABLE FORM OF ID AS PROOF OF AGE WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION FOR ENTRY TO CHASING SUMMER 2016
Due to AGLC regulations, all Chasing Summer attendees must show one of the following:
- Alberta Operator’s Licence (Drivers License)
- Alberta Identification Card
- Armed Forces Identification Card
- Out-of-Province Photo Driver’s Licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION FOR ENTRY
- School identification
- Consular identification
- Licenses issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada
- Expired identification of any kind
- Birth certificates
- Xerox copies of any identification.
- Fishing licenses
- Health Cards
- Temporary Paper State/Province ID
Q: CAN I ATTEND THE EVENT IF I AM UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND I COME WITH A LEGAL GUARDIAN?
A: This event is strictly 18 and older. Security will not allow anyone under the age of 18 into the site.
Q: MY ID WAS LOST/STOLEN. WHAT CAN I USE TO PROVE THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD?
A: If you have a passport, security will accept all government issued passports. Expired documentation will not be acceptable.
Q: WHAT DO I DO IF MY ID EXPIRED AND I DO NOT THINK I WILL RECEIVE A NEW ONE IN TIME?
A: Please find alternative photo identification as listed above.
Q: CAN I USE A CONSULAR ID OR FOREIGN GOVERNMENT ISSUED DRIVER’S LICENSE?
A: Security will not accept consular identification or a foreign government issued drivers license (except for Canadian drivers licenses or identification cards that are not expired, which may be used to grant entry into the festival). They will accept any foreign government issued passport provided it has a photo, name and date of birth on it. A passport can be acquired by scheduling an appointment with your local consulate office.
YOU MUST HAVE VALID IDENTIFICATION PROVING YOU ARE 18+ TO GAIN ACCESS TO CHASING SUMMER